Sunday, August 22, 2004

Another Milestone Down

I made the mistake of going to the mall on Saturday. I wanted to try some clothes on so I knew what size I was. Nothing fit right at all. The size 20 skirt was too big; the size 14 shirt was too small; the size 16 shirt was too big. I felt like Goldilocks or something. I was so depressed that I demanded James stop at McDonald’s on the way home. All I had for dinner was a Mcflurry. I must have been PMS-ing.

But my luck turned when I went to Wal-Mart today. While wasting time, I waded (or is that waddled ?? cause it sure feels like it sometimes) into the clothing racks and grabbed a shirt. On pure impulse, I snuck around the corner to the regular size clothes and snatched a two tops. To my surprise, they fit, where as the woman’s top was too big. Just to make myself feel better, I bought the 1x (16) top from the regular section. I called my mother and cheered because I no longer need to shop in the fat section! It may only be Wal-Mart, but it’s a big milestone for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home