Friday, August 20, 2004

It's kind of like that classic Pretty Woman moment...

where Julia Roberts walks into the trendy clothing store and is humiliated by showing her face inside. But in my case, it's the fat girl stepping inside a "skinny girl's store" and worrying about the saleswomen’s responses.

It's terrifying!

I can now fit in an average 18 size somewhere between the tops and bottoms. From what I've gathered, The Gap sells up to a size 20 (at least online). I have never been to The Gap. And why would I? To be stared down by some obnoxious shopper or saleswoman? Or worse yet, have them come over and ask if they can help me shop...because Lord knows, I must be shopping for a friend and not myself?!? Let me rank that up there with peeing on myself in public or having to buy tampons, and only tampons at the store. It's not something I want to be caught doing.

I am so scared of going into the Gap and Victoria Secret that I am taking a skinny friend along for support. That way, I can at least use her as a cover and pretend I am shopping for her. That will work long enough for me to get in the door and casually look over the clothes for the right sizes. If I see my size, I can relax a little and go try it on.

Geez, all this energy and effort put into what should be such an easy thing to do!

Today I have lost 59 pounds and I am surfing all the online stores for clothes to wear. My mother is a dah-ling for agreeing to take me clothes shopping when I come home in 11 days. I won't use her generosity to my advantage but I must say that there are so many clothes that look good! I have always hated clothes shopping. But losing weight is turning me into a girly-girl. I wanna wear dresses with pretty tights (the kind with the line that goes back up the middle of the leg) and skirts that hike up past my knees and pretty Mary-Janes... I wanna look like the woman that I am. And I want to be noticed. BADLY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home