Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Last Week,

I lost 3 and a 1/2 pounds from Sunday thru Friday. By Sunday the 22nd, I was back up 4 pounds and now today I am down 2 pounds from that. For those who are really bad at math, which means instead of losing a total of 3 1/2 pounds, I lost 1 and 1/2 in 11 days. Bah!
What is with the damn plateaus? Can't I get a friggin' break around here? I'd like 3 really good weeks of losing weight. Like 7 pounds or something cause Lord knows that the fourth week is always shot to hell with my womanly cycles and all.
I hate to admit this to the world but one of the reasons I did lose 4 pounds in 6 days was the fact that I exercised 9 1/2 hours during that time and I ate very little. Example; I skipped lunch a few days in a row and had vegetable broth instead. Dinner and breakfast were just enough to keep my tummy from protesting. I'll pass on the public flogging however, because I already got my just desserts. The starvation diet works only as long as you can prevent food from going in your mouth. Once you give up and go back to eating healthy, you're screwed and the scale will tell you so. How the hell do those anorexics do it?
One thing that I thought was helping me was the addition of some trail mix to my diet. I started with the healthiest kind I could get in the bulk section of Winco Supermarket. But then a few days later, I added a smidge of the mix that had chocolate chips. I justified this by saying that they are really super tiny chips. The size of sprinkles, if you ask me. And to really get the chocolate flavor, I had to stuff my cheeks with them...this isn't sounding so good for someone trying to change their eating habits. Oh-well!
But after a week with the trail-mix, my body rejected it quite severely. Reminded me of the overdose on sugar-free candy that I endured once or twice (for those of you who've had enough sugar-free candy in one sitting, you know how much it hurts afterwards!). Yes, I said twice. Hey, I'm not always quick to learn! At least I know now the trigger foods that get my tummy and intestines dancing. It's like a night at Studio-54 beneath the churning disco ball and pumping disco music but without all the glamour.
So I am back to eating normal this week with a little over-indulgence too. Hey, it was payday last night and the nummy bears were calling my name. I didn’t completely fall off the wagon, but I definitely got my foot caught in the spokes. The nummy bears only went in after I got my full servings of mandatory healthy food. I had a really good dinner of fresh rotisserie chicken, homemade cracked-pepper dip and yummy veggies. Today wasn’t much better. I tried to do the vegetable broth thing again (hey, I have one measly pound to lose before vacation in a week and it’s the pound that I am determined to lose by any means necessary). I knew I was in trouble when I poured the broth 2 hours ahead of time and was starving by the time my break rolled around. I got a chocolate chip cookie (I’m seeing a pattern with the chocolate here…PMS-ing perhaps?) and a diet coke to balance it out. It’s funny how that works. I mean a lousy diet coke is not going to chase the cookie down my hatch and dissolve it before my system turns it into fat. But somewhere along the way, I got the idea that diet soda is soooooooooo much better for me that it can work miracles. All I have to say to that is: Uh-huh, whatever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home