Thursday, October 28, 2004

Back To the Rain


© Punkin Dunkin Productions

Ok, so I shouldn't complain about it. After all, it's a million times better than the snow. And I get to see the green pine trees all year round. And flowers begin blooming late February or early March. And I get to gloat about the pseudo-winter to everyone back home. And did I mention its way better than snow?

I took my architectural history midterm today. I don't think I did as well as I could have. A couple of slides were completely unrecognizable to me. All those different Egyptian tombs and Greek temples were swimming around in my head. I hope the test is a C or even a C-. That would be acceptable. I did fine on the first quiz (45 out of 50) and I should do well on the second. I'll just have to kick it up for the final few weeks and the final test. I discovered that my notes were mostly useless. I kept looking for answers that were not there. I need to write more down and draw more diagrams and go back to my notes after class to review them and come to some solid conclusions.

On the bright side, I really like my community change class. It's just hitting on the edge of things I want to study; sprawl, land use, community development, social change. I'm totally getting into it. I have a paper to write this weekend that discusses the Republican and Democratic platforms and which one does a better job of pledging to improve community life and promote a better quality of life for citizens on a local level. I think that's sort of a "duh" question. For me, this election is so polarized. There's the good guy, and then there's Satan. Some people say that Kerry is no better than Bush. But I personally believe that it doesn't get any worse than stuttering 'W'. He's put my health at risk with his environmental policies. He's put my reproductive health at risk. He's put my civil liberties at risk and it seems to me that he wants me and all Americans to live by his religion and his ideals. How can someone be so religious and yet care so little for the welfare of the American people (not to mention the Iraqi people)? What Bible has he been reading?

Ok, so before my blood pressure goes up, I'm gonna stop there. I've already voted and my ballot already in the hands of the county officials. I hope to ignore all the political commercials running 24 hours for the next 5 days (seeing as we are one of those dubbed "battleground states"). I will take this weekend to enjoy the outdoors, even if it's raining and I will know that on Wednesday morning, a new president will have been elected and the reign of terror we are under will have only weeks to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is about leaves & water, but this one is even prettier! I'm saving it to use as a wallpaper on my computer - hope ya don't mind - maybe I'll be inspired to go out and take some photos of my own. :)

4:38 PM  
Blogger punkindunkin said...

Holy crap!

My photos inspiring people? That's awesome!

Anon, use the pic for your desktop. It's cool with me.
Now go out and do one better!~ :)

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home