Sunday, October 17, 2004

The Commercial I'd Like To See


© Punkin Dunkin Productions

Number of people killed on 9/11-------------- 3,030
Number of Soldiers killed in Iraq*------------ 1,228
Number of innocent civilians killed in Iraq---- unknown

Voting for a change on November 2----------- priceless


*as of 10/15/04 (source: cnn.com)


I saw Fahrenheit 9/11 tonight. It did not sway my vote because I already believe that to live right, one must vote left. But the movie still left me very angry. I know Michael Moore is one person with a one-sided view, and he makes his documentaries in the way that he does to get attention but so does the whole Fox network.

I will not live my life in terror.
I will not let my voice go unheard.

In Oregon, we get our ballots by mail. As far as I know, we are the only state to do so completely. Guess what the first thing was that I did? Sure I care about who my next mayor is going to be and voting against Measure 36 (amending the Oregon constitution to state marriage is between a man and a woman...just between you and me, the REAL Christians of this world have REAL compassion for fellow human beings and know that everyone deserves EQUAL rights and protections under the law) but I felt that the first stroke of my pen start at the top of the ballot with the Presidential category. Because if enough of us decide to treat our votes as worth something, then we will have something to look toward in the future- BETTER LIVES.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home