Friday, October 29, 2004

Digital Cameras For Dummies

Drool, Drool, Drool


I think I like this one. It's a 5.0 megapixel with a 3x optical/4.1x digital zoom (12x combined)


-----------------------------------------------------------
Then there's this one:


But it's only a 3.2 megapixel with a 10x optical/3.2x digital zoom (32x combined) and that's quite a difference in the zoom.



They're the same price and not that I can afford it right now, but I'm trying to figure out which one is best? Anyone have a suggestion? Do you find the megapixels more important that the optical zoom? And what the heck does it all mean? And should I be allowed to have a fancy camera if I don't even fully understand it's features?

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I have the S500. The optical zoom on the other camera sounds awesome. [Optical is much better than digital.] But I'd definitely go with the S500 for two reasons.
1. The resolution is much better. Trust me five megapixels is so much better than three.
2. The size. The S500 easily fits into most pockets. If it takes up less space, it is easier to carry. If it's easier to carry then you'll have it with you more often. [I always have mine with me.] And of course, if you have it with you more often... then you'll get all the great shots.

I went with the smaller camera because it's great for taking geocaching.... which by the way is how I found your blog.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home