Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Eye Above


© Punkin Dunkin Productions

Another vocabulary word from my architecture class is oculus, which is a round window of some sort.
This photo is taken inside the new Lillis building on campus. Most of the business classes are held here now. I had an economics class here at the beginning of 2004 and the lecture room reminded me of one of those new theaters at a 14-screen cinema-plex. The seats were the large bucket type, cloth covered with heavy duty plastic backs. The room was off white and shiny with pretty earth toned carpet and seat cloth. When it got late enough in the day, the shades on the windows would automatically lower. Everything in that lecture hall was hi-tech. The only thing missing, I thought, was a cup holder for each seat.


© Punkin Dunkin Productions

It seems like a rather spiritual dome, doesn't it? I don't take the time to look up there that often, and without my camera, I've never noticed the religious vibes of that part of the building. The dome reminds me of something that should be in a church or something, not a building dedicated to college business classes. Unless one prefers to worship money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home