Monday, November 01, 2004

Sourpress Series


© Punkin Dunkin Productions

I like these tangerine sours by Altoids. They're not half bad. The tin is kind of cute too and it would make a great canister for geocashing or even to reuse at Christmas time. I'd much rather give and get homemade gifts this year. I read the Sunday paper and it was so full of Christmas toy ads. Thank goodness I don't have any kids. It all seems so expensive and fake and disposable. I was watching The 1900 House documentary from PBS this weekend. It is a reality show that followed a British family as they survived a house made to resemble a turn of the (last) century home. It's quite amusing. I like the episode where it's the mother's birthday and the kids make all her gifts and cake. Those items are filled with so much more thought and are so much more personal than anything that could be bought at Wal-Mart or Target. I'd like to do something nice and worthwhile, not to mention cheaper, for each person on my Christmas list. I hate impersonal gifts and I am really beginning to hate the aisles at Wal-Mart filled with those last minute holiday baskets and boxes of gifts. I bet every Wal-Mart has the same damn aisles too. And they’re just filled with thousands of plastic, throwaway gifts. How many coke glasses and cheerio bowls and Planters Peanuts cans can one nation really need? It seems to me that a much better solution is to reuse the stuff we have to create personal gifts. What a novel idea!

© Punkin Dunkin Productions


© Punkin Dunkin Productions


© Punkin Dunkin Productions

I was supposed to be doing my homework...but lately I find the most boring objects interesting and I can't help myself. I'm going to have to lock the camera away tonight just to finish up my paper due tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home