Tuesday, November 30, 2004

TG In Sunlight



©Punkin Dunkin Productions

Another damn cat picture?

Sorry, I just haven't had the time to photograph more. I have way too much to do right now. Not the least of which is my lit review on the history of urban renewal. I have a stack of books on the computer desk with titles such as House By House, Block By Block: The Rebirth of America's Urban Neighborhoods... Urban Renewal: The Record and the Controversy... How The Federal Government Builds Ghettos by the National Committee Against Discrimination In Housing... Defensible Space: Crime Prevention Through Urban Design...
I am just really focusing on the tip of urban renewal and I mention just a few issues in my review such as racism, gentrification, and flawed housing designs. If I had more time, I would have focused on the design aspect. I'm really interested in how housing design affects the residents. Why did some urban renewal projects work and some (more infamously than others..see Pruitt-Igoe or the Robert Taylor Homes or Cabrini-Green) were just more awful than the buildings that they replaced?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tudeski said...

We don't mind the cat pics. They're so pretty anyway.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home