Friday, November 26, 2004

Up The Nose



Happy turkey day...or the day after, I suppose.

I didn't have any thanksgiving themed pictures that I could post... just a cat that acts like a turkey sometimes. He and his brother got plenty of turkey and gravy yesterday.

I want to take the time to thank everyone who's been reading my blog as well as commenting on it. It feels good! I appreciate each and every comment.

I got a "first" yesterday too! Someone had linked my site on his. How wonderful. Now, if I could only figure out how to do the same on my sidebar, he and the other interesting blogger folks would get linked up on my site.

I have a feeling that my photos and postings are going to be a little sparse and sporadic the next few weeks. I have one regular week of classes left and one week of finals and then a week of full time work before I fly home for Christmas. Right now, my time is spent hunting down every article ever written and posted on the Internet about the history of urban renewal back to the Federal Housing Act of 1949. I am writing a literary review that discusses the history of urban renewal in the 20th century and I am evaluating the subsequent issues that arose from the government's intervention and what they and society have learned since then. Sounds thrilling, don't it? I haven’t been able to put the topic into a handy-dandy thesis title yet either. But I do have 13 days until it’s due.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Actually the urban renewal study sounds interesting to me, but I hold a BA in Geography. Even though I know that history has proved the urban renewal of the 50-60's as heavyhanded, I can't help thinking it was a good idea everytime I walk through Philly's Queen Village.

I'm guessing you're studying City Planning?

8:41 AM  
Blogger punkindunkin said...

I haven't heard of that one in Philly before..of course I am just focusing on the notorious ones.

My offical major is Planning, Public Policy and Managment. I can do without the managment part. I plan to be an architect that works to preserve historic inner city structures and reuse them (especially for housing). I wasn't really into city planning until this year. But I figure the more classes and skills I have, the better. Auto-cad, GIS skills, urban planning, historic preservation techniques, manual drafting, photoshop, dreamweaver... bring it on and I'll take it. With the debt I'm gonna have when I'm done, I'll need a high paying job in order to survive and pay it down.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home