Monday, December 13, 2004

Objects In Mirror


©Punkin Dunkin Productions

So, I've been thinking about New Year's resolutions lately. I have a laundry list of things I want to change about myself; my procrastinating tendencies, my remaining pounds to lose, relationships with family members and friends, preventative health measures for my cats, better spending habits, more books and less TV. .... the list just goes on and on. What I've come to realize these last few weeks is that I really should spend less time on the list of things to be accomplished next year, and spend more time looking over the things I've already achieved this year.

1. Not only did I get into a 4-year college, but also I've completed one full year's worth of semesters and I'm still standing.
2. My study habits have got to change. I’ve recognized that fact this year and have begun the process to fix it so that I am successful with the rest of my undergraduate studies. I am making clear choices that will help me to get one step closer to grad school and to getting the degree as well as the career that I’ve always wanted.
3. I've lost 63 pounds and gained insights about my relationship with food.
4. I've discovered that my cat TG will sit still on my lap if I rub his forehead.This is a major breakthrough for a cat that never wants anything to do with me.
5. My cousin and I are more alike than I ever realized.
6. I can take good photographs. I have found a new hobby this year that keeps me busy and content.
7. My parents are invaluable to me. For the first time since I moved away, I wish I lived closer to home to be near them and the rest of my family.
8. I contacted some previous boyfriends. One encounter went very well and the other did not. I have worked hard to be at peace with that relationship. No matter the outcome, I am proud of myself for making the effort to extend the olive branch.
9. This year has been the best year I’ve had since 1997.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home