Friday, January 14, 2005

Jello Crane


©Punkin Dunkin Productions

If I don't explain myself, I'll get questions.

I've called it the Jello Crane because it is currently posted at the Overture Center construction site on State Street in Madison, WI. Because the Overture Center contains a large, odd-shaped glass dome on it's top, some reporter nicknamed it the "Jello Mold" (to fully understand, you'd have to have seen the original ink design drawings first published a few years ago...man was it ugly looking!! woof-woof....let's just pray the reality is better than the drawing). The Overture Center is one large block in downtown Madison and a few businesses along with the Civic Center were demolished to build this arts center. I'm not saying that's bad or good. I just don't like the design...yet. Of course I didn't like the Monona Convention Center when that was first built either. I guess these things just take time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home