Monday, January 24, 2005

New Haircut



I got a new haircut Sunday morning. I kind of like it layered. It's not real drastic for the rest of the world to see, but it sure is for me. I have to work up to a haircut weeks in advance. My heart stops whenever I sit down in a hairdresser's chair and watch the locks come off. Those stylists waive their scissors around so nonchalantly. They don't realize the power they have over me. Snip, snip and my stomach churns as they try to give me what they think I want. I'm usually lucky to get a fake smile across my face before I run to the car and try to fix the mistakes in the rear-view mirror. This time, I didn't feel a need to run away from the evil salon people. I actually walked around the mall for awhile, had lunch and got a compliment from some lady at Perfumania. She liked my hair and I had to confess it was only an hour old. She said "Well, you KNOW it's a great style then... especially if a stranger tells you so."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home