Friday, May 27, 2005

Inquiring Minds Wanna Know

Where the hell have I been this year? I get it all the time. "Why haven't you updated your blog?" "Why are there no new pictures everyday?" "Why have you abandoned your website?"

Well, here's your freakin' answer:



Students Named to Deans' Lists
More than 1,400 University of Oregon students have been named to the deans' lists for scholastic achievement during winter term of the 2004-5 school year, according to Anne Leavitt, vice president for student affairs and dean of students.

The deans' lists are compiled for fall, winter and spring terms during each school year. All undergraduate and postbaccalaureate students, including National Student Exchange students, are eligible.

To qualify for the lists, students must be in good academic standing and must have completed 15 or more graded credits for the term. This is a change from last year, when students needed only 12 or more graded credits to qualify. The required minimum grade-point average is 3.75 on a scale having 4.0 as a straight-A average.

Altogether, 1,405 students-out of 15,461 undergraduate and postbaccalaureate students- made winter term 2005 deans' lists for their respective UO school or college
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ladies and gents... I was one of them. I got a 3.86 for Winter term. I was very, very busy and stressed out.

and in order to counteract the stress... I took up knitting. When I'm waiting for a class to start or riding the bus or sitting on my butt at work, I've taken up the needles and yarn and I've learned to enjoy a few quiet moments learning how to be crafty. I really like making items and even more, I like giving them away. Here's what I sent to my mother for mother's day:

"It's Not A Scarf!" Wrap






I call it the "it's not a scarf!" wrap because it was the third item I made and finally, FINALLY it was bigger than a scarf...and it turned out well. While still a rectangle shape- it took much longer to do and it's given me a new appreciation for the art of knitting. And I was only doing basic stitches too. I was tempted to keep it for myself since I wore it for the pictures and I felt so sophisticated but after finding out how much mother likes it... I'm glad to have given it away. After spending hours and hours on something like that... getting used to the feel of the yarn... the way the project forms in your lap... it feels like giving away a child. Knitting, like most art forms, is an act of giving birth. And it's bittersweet to have to send the child off into the world and start all over with a new one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home