Friday, July 01, 2005

Final Flower

© Punkin Dunkin Productions

I need to force myself to get out there and take more people pictures. I want to walk up to strangers and ask if I can take their pictures but I'm painfully shy and it's getting annoying. Added to that, I don't like asking to get a photo because then it's staged. No one needs to look in my camera and smile, I prefer the unscripted moments to be caught on film instead. And, I'm having trouble figuring out what is acceptable when it comes to publishing photographs of people.

So, no more flower photos starting....now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's all in how you ask people. The secret is to ask "could I get a picture for my web site?" First, that gets people excited that they will be on "the Internets." Second, it begins a constructive conversation: "Oh? What is your web site? What is it about? Tell me the URL" etc.

On the other hand, if you just ask strangers "can I take your picture?" that makes people wonder all the wrong things: "Why would you want pictures of strangers? What are you going to do with it? What's wrong with you, are you some kind of stalker?"

So remember the magic words: "web site."

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home