Sunday, July 10, 2005

Hippy Christmas!

OCF

© Punkin Dunkin Productions

It was Hippy Christmas at the Oregon Country Fair this past weekend.

Lot's of goblins, drooling kids with dirty feet, long hair on everybody (mmmmm...), horned devils, grilled tempura and falafel, tie-dye crafts galore, and tons of fairy dust in the air. I can't say that I felt at home in all the weirdness, but I definitely felt welcomed. Just as we were trying to figure our way home, this band- Kan'Nal was playing on the main stage. I loved the alternative belly-dancing groove they've got going. Next year, I shall be up front dancing with the crowd. Next year, I'll get some fairy wings of my own.

Favorite bumper sticker of the day:
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

2 Comments:

Blogger punkindunkin said...

I was half expecting to see you there with the fam. It seemed like something right up your alley. There's always next year.

I wonder, do they use the grounds for anything else the rest of the year? It would be a lovely hike in any season.

6:08 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i completely enjoyed myself at the fair this year. next year, i hope to go for the entire weekend. i plan to camp in my friend's backyard and just bus it out there every morning. dancing in the drum tower here i come!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home