Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Punkin: 1, Evil Pink Frosted Cookies: 0

I came into work today and found those damn Lofthouse cookies sitting out for our department. It must have been a two for one sale at Albertson's grocery because we don't get treats like that very often. I hate those wicked cookies. They tempt me with their mile-high frosting and oodles of sprinkles. In the past, it was not uncommon for me to eat two in an evening. Ok, fine. I could eat three at a time….err, possibly more- during one sitting. I know what you’re all thinking. Oink, Oink. I admit it. Laugh if you want (if you read the customer “love letters” on the lofthouse website, the overindulgence of these cookies is apparently a very common thing). But wait till you hear this:

From 7:30 till 10:00 this morning, I walked 10 miles. And at a speed of nearly 4 miles an hour, I burned 1200 calories. TEN MILES, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I walked ten miles even before breakfast. And that’s not all. I walked 10 miles last Friday as well (but I cut that up into two excursions during the day to make it more manageable). I started this morning at the Eweb fountain (thanks to Tudeskii for dropping me off even though he would have preferred to stay in bed), walked all the way to the Owosso bike bridge, back over the Autzen footbridge bridge and then back to the car on 11th ave, way past Eweb (the Eugene Water and Electric Board headquarters for those of you not in my neck of the woods…..speaking of which, I recently discovered that I have a reader all the way from the UK. He’s been watching my blog since almost the beginning and for some strange reason, he’s still reading it. Hi Jon!). If any of you are looking for a good walk, I highly recommend the Willamette River Bikeway System. There’s a lot to see on the 12 mile round trip trek along the river- I caught sight of two hawks, several carp(?) and one pond turtle just this morning alone. And even with several homeless people in the area, there is rarely a time that another jogger or biker isn’t crossing your path, so I’d consider the area pretty safe.


I was really cooking out there on the path today. And I feel tremendous. So when I came in today and caught sight of those naughty cookies, it was only a split second of wavering between getting one (or two, ha!) and eating my carrots. Carrots suck, by the way. But at least if they’re organically grown, I know where they come from and what they have in them. Those lofthouse cookies contain ingredients such as Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate and Polysorbate 60. What the hell is that stuff? I’ll take a dirt covered sweet carrot over that crap from now on.



Cookies? I don’t need no stinkin’ cookies!

1 Comments:

Blogger alphaduck said...

when i was in college and trying to cut down on sweets, i stocked up on bags of baby carrots... the crunching kept me busy, it was awesome. someone should totally let the carrot growers' marketing association in on how awesome they are as a snacking step-down program :)

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home