Monday, August 01, 2005

Evening in Fog

© Punkin Dunkin Productions

We visited the coast on Sunday. From Florence to Lincoln City we traveled through several foggy areas making it hard to grab good pictures. I was also distracted by several stores and ended up shopping more than taking photographs. I think I’ve gotten over my obsession with the Dollar Store but I couldn’t stop myself from shopping at Goodwill and St. Vincent De Paul. For some reason, I hit pay dirt at the Lincoln City Goodwill when I found several books on sale. Usually such good books are not at Goodwill but my theory is that the rich tourists bring their fancy books with them to the beach and after they tire of them in the middle of the summer season, they drop them off at the nearest donation box and then run out and buy the latest bestseller (I found several newer books on business and money management that seemed oddly out of place). I discovered a couple of Tobias Wolff novels, It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis, and a book on selling photographs for profit (a half serious dream of mine…but only after I bought the book did I notice the 1991 copyright and the little revision notice on the cover that said, and I shit you not, “Revised and Updated! Includes information about using computers in your work!”). I also found the brand new bestseller Don’t Kiss Them Goodbye by Allison Dubois. For those of you that don’t watch much television, the show Medium on NBC is based on Dubois’ experiences. What can I say? I’m a sucker for psychic shows and this show makes Monday nights almost tolerable. After a long day at work with no reprieve from angry customers, I like to go home, plop down and watch this highly entertaining show staring Patricia Arquette.

I played with this photograph which was taken at the Devil’s Punchbowl along Highway 101. I wasn’t sure what I would get with all the damn fog but after a few go-arounds in Picacsa, the outcome was pleasantly surprising.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tudeski said...

I like this one alot because it reminds me of old photos from say the 30's or 40's(or someplace lost in time) that could bring back memories of where two lovers shared a picnic and watched the sun set.

11:04 AM  
Blogger punkindunkin said...

thanks for your comment darlin'.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home