Monday, September 05, 2005

Photography is a means of recording forever the things one sees for a moment. -Aaron Sussman

A fellow blogger and friend allowed me to take his photograph this weekend. I love getting every expression, every line of his face on film. I love capturing a genuine smile. Henri Cartier-Bresson was once quoted as saying 'What is more fleeting than the expression on a face?' My goal is to find those fleeting moments that make up the life of a face and bring them together to show the full range of someone's personality and emotions. By doing so, the photographs are less 2-d and more of a 3-d representation of my subject and this is how I prefer to see my world and the beauty that lies within it. I'm discovering that the camera is allowing me to not only see the best in other people, it is allowing me to see the best within myself.


© Punkin Dunkin Productions

© Punkin Dunkin Productions

© Punkin Dunkin Productions

© Punkin Dunkin Productions

© Punkin Dunkin Productions

3 Comments:

Blogger rebecca marie said...

he looks soooo familiar, would you mind emailing me at rebecca-marie@hotmail.com and telling me his name? i swear i've met him. and, i'm from portland so it's not a far stretch.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Cos--

When you come visit, I would be honored if you would do photos of me/for me. These are stunning, and I would love to have some of my own...and there isn't anyone else I would let take them.

You have a gift for honing in on and projecting the beauty in people.

-Lrrl

7:54 PM  
Blogger punkindunkin said...

ain't he adorable? hehehehe

He wanted me to show him what I see when I look through my camera. I captured some of that spunk he's got but there's a whole lot more there and so I might have to twist his arm for another session.

Rori- I'd be honored if you'd let me photograph you. I think you’re gorgeous. All’s I’d have to do is point and shoot.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home