Saturday, December 03, 2005

In Between the Studying...

© Punkin Dunkin Productions

I like to pick up the needles to calm my anxious and overworked brain just a little bit. I've decided to make as many gifts as possible for Christmas. Seeing as how it's already December, I've had to make a few adjustments for the gifts to be ready in three short weeks:

Almost everyone is getting a scarf. I don't have time to make blankets, wraps or anything complicated.

I'm using chunky yarn in everything. The chunkier, the faster it knits up.

Big needles are my friends. Anything under a size 10 is out.

I bought a knitting hoop that’s supposed to help one knit faster. But I probably won't figure out how the damn thing works till after the New Year.

I resolve to start on next year's gifts by December 26th.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tudeski said...

I love it! Scarves for everyone! Heh heh. I could use one, cause it's snowin' all over here. It needs to be long though and I can put it to good use :)

9:49 AM  
Blogger aafan said...

How beautiful! (Is that Noro yarn?)

7:41 PM  
Blogger punkindunkin said...

It's Teseo from Di.ve(?). I think I'm reading that right. You can see it here

I got mine at the Ben Franklin next to Gateway Mall. The selection there is unbelievable! I prefer the Knit Shop or Soft Horizons but B.F. has slightly better prices and they've always got a large selection of clearance yarns.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home