Friday, December 16, 2005

I've taken the pledge, and I encourage you all to do the same.

"Wal-Mart's low costs have extraordinarily high costs for people and the planet. This holiday season let the Walton Family -- the founders of Wal-Mart -- know that you and your family will buy nothing from Wal-Mart. Instead, pledge to make your gift purchases from businesses that are socially and environmentally responsible."

Sign Co-op America's No Wal-Mart Holiday Pledge Today.

No one on my list is getting anything from Wal-Mart for Christmas and Hanukkah this year. Instead, I hope that knitted scarves will keep necks and hearts warm this season.

Below is a sample of approved Green businesses in Oregon as screened by the National Green Pages. You can find more here.

Beeswax Candle Works

Cafe Mam

Garuda International

gDiapers

Greater Goods

Nancy's Yogurt

2 Comments:

Blogger David R. Jones said...

I am with you. We have a Wal-Mart fairly close to where we live and we don't shop there. I myself tend to only shop at places that give their employees a livable wage and health care.

Thank you for the list of Green businesses. I will look at them and be sure to patronize their establishments.

~Amadeus

8:45 AM  
Blogger GeekPoet said...

Nice list of super products you can buy in the great NW. I drink CafeMam every morning (they are really great people with THE BEST coffee I have ever had).

gO'

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home