Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Blogging the good stuff

In no particular order this week,

I jumped on the scale for the first time in 3 months, was shocked that I hadn't gained but maybe 2 ounces, and resolved to return to a more healthy way of eating so I can hit my magic happy weight number in the next four months (that's 12 pounds and 8 ounces away).

I gave away one of my favorite purses to a coworker today. She's coveted this purple velvet Old Navy purse of mine since the first day I brought it to work. I don't use it very often; still it is one of my favorites. Yesterday, she asked me to bring it in so she could copy the pattern and make her own. On my way home, out of the blue, it dawned on me to just give her the purse. Impulsively I decided to do so and letting go felt so natural. It must be the budding Buddhist in me that wants to let go of material possessions and attachments. Sometimes less really is more.

My architecture quiz was returned to me and not only was my score above the undergraduate class average, but it also surpassed the graduate student’s scores too. I done good, real good.

I bought a dress at Goodwill for $4.49 (price tag listed publicly so the parents know I'm not buying frivolously). This is the first dress I've owned in ten years. I've always been afraid to wear dresses for fear of how wide they make my hips look. This new dress ain't half bad. I'm going to wear it this weekend, with a small amount of trepidation and be willing to deck anyone that laughs at me. Oh and did I mention that the dress is a large? I've never owned a dress without an X listed on the size tag before. EVER.

In a shocking turn of events, I impulsively went for a walk on Sunday. I am a slightly impulsive person but usually only when the activity appeals to the hedonist in me. Having a sudden urge to exercise? That’s a new one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home