Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My Parents Bought Me This Expensive Camera And All I Do Is Take Naughty Pictures With It!

So this really should go under the HNT file, but I'm not bold enough to jump onto that bandwagon (and for those of you that don't know what HNT is, sorry but I ain't gonna 'splain it here!). Here are the "real pictures" I've been debating whether to post or not. First off, I'm really proud of these photos. I sent them to a couple of people by email and received some very positive feedback so I thought, "What the hell? It's my blog after all and if I'm proud of my art, I ought to be proud to display it!" So here you go, it's me in all my glory:






















© Punkin Dunkin Productions

I hope my parents let me keep my camera. ;)

The way I see it, since last year was filled with cat pictures, here and here, here and even here, this year is a real improvement if my blog is filled with pictures of the human body (including my own). It just dawned on me yesterday, during a conversation with a close friend in which I was reflecting on last fall's photos, that I was taking all these photos of cats and plants and landscapes because I was afraid to interact with other people. I was cooped up inside (both literally and figuratively) and my art was suffering as a consequence. Since letting myself open up to the world and finding confidence in many different realms, I have discovered that I’m moving in brand new directions with my art. And it’s going to help me not only grow as a person but as a photographer as well.

No matter what, I'm not apologizing for today's post. Why should I? I am proud that I can find the guts to stand in front of my camera and pose and I'm especially proud that I found the courage to post the results here. So what if I'm fat? So what if I have a few pimples? So what if my face isn't absolutely symmetrical? Who cares? I'm learning that it doesn't really matter. I found love. Even in my imperfect state I am loved by someone out there. Now I just need to learn to love myself in that imperfect state. I think this is a good start, don’t you?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Tudeski said...

Wow. Quite tastefully done.

4:22 PM  
Blogger MikeyPDX said...

Indeed. Very model-y.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures. You have every right to be proud of them. Hopefully there will be more self-photos to come in the future.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home